With so much delicious fresh fruit around it makes perfect sense to enjoy some homemade crunchy granola. Doubt it will last long however it’s so worth the effort and you are eating yummy food with no nasties. Serve it with fruit, chia seeds, yoghurt or any milk of your choice. I prefer plant based milk.
- 200g rolled oats (I used gluten free)
- 100g walnuts
- 100g pecans
- 70g shredded coconut
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 100g dried cherries
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 60g hemp seeds
- 70ml coconut oil
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 70ml smooth nut butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp coconut sugar
- Step 1 Start by toasting the pecans and walnuts for around 6 mins on a hot pan. Cool and set aside.
- Step 2 Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Step 3 Get a mixing bowl and add the oats, shredded coconut, cinnamon and pumpkin seeds. Mix them with a spoon.
- Step 4 Add the coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup and essence to another bowl and combine until smooth,
- Step 5 Pour over the oat mixture and mix well. Lay on your baking tray and add the sugar and bake at 160C for around 20 minutes. Your kitchen will smell delicious.
- Step 6 Remove the tray from the oven and once slightly cool add your cherries, hemp seeds and toasted nuts.
- Step 7 With these quantities you have 6/8 servings unless you snack on it.