I suggest omitting grains once in a while and check in with yourself and see how you feel after you eat a dish without grains. I find it helps me when am feeling uncomfortable and bloated however you still can enjoy a delicious recipe and substitute your grains with a non gluten substitute such as cauliflower rice. Comfort eating doesn’t really sooth us and yes there will be consequences when we overload with processed foods and gluten to name a few. Give this recipe a try,
Grain free paella
- 10 fresh king prawns
- 1 lime
- 400g fresh spinach leaves
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- 2 red capsicums
- 1 red chili pepper
- 170g black pitted olives
- Olive oil
- Step 1 Wash your prawns and set aside. Get a pan, add some olive oil and add your peeled and chopped onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes, add the chopped red chili and remove some of the seeds unless you want it to be spicy. Add the smoked paprika and garlic and onion powder and mix again. Add your prawns and cook them, I like to get a sheet of parchment paper and cover them on a low heat until the prawns are cooked.
- Step 2 Whilst the prawns are cooking , wash and slice the peppers, place them on a baking tray with some oil and bake at 160C for around 15 to 20 minutes, Remove and add them to your prawns.
- Step 3 Add your fresh spinach leaves to your prawns and the zest of your lime, once the spinach wilts, season and add your olives. Turn off the heat and prepare you r cauliflower rice.
- Step 4 Mix everything together and serve.
- Step 5 With these quantities you can serve four portions.
Cauliflower rice I omitted the nuts and spices and just added smoke paprika plus seasoning to the cauliflower rice.