Make these delicious treats to have with a cup of tea, they are made out of fresh ingredients and are symbolic to the time of year. Cooking is now very basic but using fresh and good quality ingredients to keep us well. To make these treats you will need,
- 200g ground almonds
- 150g oats
- 8 dates
- 80g cocoa powder
- 1 orange zest plus juice
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 180g walnuts
- 80g icing sugar
- 220g smooth almond butter
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1tsp almond essence
- Step 1 Start by soaking the dates in hot water. Once they soften, remove the stone and set aside.
- Step 2 Get your blender and blend the oats to a powder, add the ground almonds, cocoa powder, icing sugar and your spices and pulse once or twice to incorporate the ingredients.
- Step 3 Add the rest of your ingredients and pulse a couple of times until everything is mixed together and make small Easter egg shapes or any shape you wish with your hands.
- Step 4 You can leave as is or sprinkle some dark chocolate over.
- Step 5 With these quantities you will make 14 small treats.