I have been playing around with tofu lately and experimenting with this ingredient in recipes. It worked super well in a dessert and also in a quiche. For those of you who like a soft quiche this recipe works well, if you prefer you can also add an egg or two for a different consistency. To make this recipe you will need,
- 50g short crust pastry
- 400gsoft tofu
- Fresh mint
- 1tbsp arrowroot
- 200ml coconut cream
- 200g fresh peas
- 3tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- Step 1 Roll out your pastry, grease your quiche dish and line the tin with your pastry.
- Step 2 Get your blender and start off by blending your fresh mint, then add the rest of your ingredients except for the peas and blend together.
- Step 3 Add your filling to your dish and add the fresh peas.
- Step 4 Bake at 160C for around 25 minutes, pastry should be crisp however filling will be soft.
- Step 5 Remove from the oven and set aside. Serve with a green spinach salad.