Once the berry compote biscuits had a nice soft crunch, I wanted to make a crispier biscuit so I attempted these biscuits and the only difference was the flour., I used buckwheat in this recipe. To make these biscuits you will need,
Earl grey biscuits
- 4 tsps Tettiera earl grey tea
- 1 packet unsalted butter
- 120g icing sugar
- 300g buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- Some lemon juice
- Step 1 Blend the earl grey tea leaves into a fine powder and then add the butter, whether you want to leave the infused butter overnight is up to you however the earl grey tea leaves are Pretty strong and there wasn’t any need in my opinion. The taste was just right!
- Step 2 Preheat the oven to 160C and line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 3 Add your icing sugar to your butter and earl grey tea and blend. Add the buckwheat flour and your egg and blend once more. Once the dough has formed, place on a surface with icing sugar and roll out to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Step 4 Get a cookie cutter and cut out the cookies and place them on your baking trays, bake for 15 mins and set aside.
- Step 5 To glaze just mix the ingredients together with a teaspoon and pour over the cooled cookies with a teaspoon. Add some coloured balls for the festive cheer. You will have around 40 cookies if you use a small cookie cutter.