This was another of the brunch ideas I served at the pink event at Villa Bologna. It’s the perfect idea to use up fresh fruit that is no longer looking so wonderful and shiny. I always advise to buy organic as it’s free from nasty spray and pesticides. To make this you will need the following,
Stewed fruit granola.
- 300g fresh fruit (Peaches, apples and forest fruits)
- 1teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Some distilled water
- Some coconut oil
- 350g yoghurt or kefir
- 180g almonds and walnuts
- 200g oats
- 1tablespoon honey
- Step 1 Get a small pan, add some water and chop up the apples and peaches, removing the core and stone. Add to the pan with the vanilla and cinnamon and stew. Add the forest fruits and mix, remove from the heat and let them cool.
- Step 2 Get a baking tray, add some coconut oil and add the oats and nuts and bake for around 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Step 3 Once the oats are cool add some honey and mix to get a crunchy nutty and sticky granola.
- Step 4 Remove some of the liquid from the fruit and set aside, mix the fruit into your yoghurt and top with the granola. You may also add some of the syrup too for extra sweetness.
- Step 5 Store the fruit and yoghurt in the fridge for a couple of days. Keep the granola in a sealed container to remain fresh.
- Step 6 Enjoy