This is a great way to enjoy a savoury snack with any topping you fancy. I came across this recipe in one of my favorite recipes books ‘eat clean play dirty” and was so happy with it. It is oat based and full of nuts and seeds and delicious toasted too. I have also tried a sweet version of this recipe too. To make this loaf you will need,
- 540g gluten free rolled oats
- 145g sliced almonds
- 165g flaxseed meal
- 80g psyllium husk powder
- 65g pumpkin seeds
- 65g pine nuts
- 80g chia seeds
- 75g white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus some extra for greasing your loaf tins
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- Step 1 Heat your oven to 175C. Grease a 20 by 11 cm loaf although you have enough for 3 loaves so bake and freeze.
- Step 2 Get a large bowl and mix your oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, flaxseed meal, psyllium husk powder, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, chia seeds, sesame seeds and salt. (If you prefer you can also blend all the ingredients together if you are not keen on pieces) in my opinion both ways work well. Add the oil and honey plus 960 ml distilled water and mix everything together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the mixture rest for half an hour.
- Step 3 Grease your tins, add the mixture and put in the oven for around 35 to 45 minutes. Check it at 35 minutes and you should have a nice loaf. Remove from the oven and leave the loaf in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn out and let cool.
- Step 4 The cooked loaf lasts up to a week although it’s so good you will eat it before. It freezes well too.