The fun of having a brunch is gathering around and adding finger food to your plate so a great recipe is having some lovely fresh profiteroles and filling them with this blend of roast vegetables, fresh pesto and some stuffed olives. This was one of the ideas I served at the pink tea party at Villa bologna, it was a huge success so give it a try. To make this recipe you will need,
profiteroles with a roast veg filling
- 20 fresh profiteroles
- A sheet of parchment paper
- A handful of fresh mint
- 200g mixed vegetables, I used parsnips, aubergines, red peppers and carrots
- 1tbsp fresh pesto
- 100g stuffed olives
- Step 1 I ordered the profiteroles, sliced them in half and set aside.
- Step 2 Wash, peel and chop your vegetables, place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes until cooked at 160C. Set aside
- Step 3 Once they are cooled place them in a blender with your pesto and stuffed olives and some fresh mint and pulse a few times until the mixture is blended together.
- Step 4 Fill the profiteroles before serving to ensure they keep nice and fresh.
- Step 5 Enjoy and should you have left over filling use it for another recipe or add to some Zucchini noodles.