I came across this recipe and gave it a try as I loved the fact that it is so healthy and delicious. Part of the Honey and Zest journey is enjoying the good things without the nasties so give this recipe a try and trust me you wont be disappointed. You can also use different ingredients and am not sure which I prefer, they are all yummy. Cut it up and keep in the fridge for that sweet craving with a cuppa. To make this brownie you will need,
Vegan Chocolate brownies.
- 350g pitted medjool dates
- 175g ground almonds
- 75g raw cacao powder
- 3tbs ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 200g rolled oats
- 150g pecan nuts
- 190g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp wildflower honey
- 150ml coconut milk or any plant milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Step 1 Boil a kettle and add the hot water to the dates and let them soften, remove from the hot water and set them aside. Get a large mixing bowl, add the ground almonds, cacao powder, flaxseed and salt, mix them together with a metal spoon.
- Step 2 Blend your rolled oats, pecan nuts and shredded coconut until almost a coarse powder. Add all the ingredients together and mix once more.
- Step 3 Blend the pitted dates, milk, honey and essence together and add your puree to the dry ingredients. You can always add more milk should you see the ingredients are still dry.
- Step 4 Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay out your batter evenly with a spatula.
- Step 5 Place in the fridge for around 5 to 6 hours. I also melted dark chocolate and poured this over the batter. Cut up in squares and keep them handy in your fridge.