Brownies are my all time favourite and lately I have been doing a lot of reading on the gut and how we need to keep our gut in harmony for well being. I came across a recipe and tweaked it as I always feel my brownies need good quality melted chocolate as opposed to cocoa. I am happy with the result although they are not the usual gooey brownies I make. Here is the recipe and I used tangerine and ginger essential oils in these. To make them you will need,
Chocolate brownie with essential oils.
- 220g ground almonds
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tbsp arrowroot
- 1tbsp psyllium husk
- 3 eggs
- 2tbs honey
- 130ml coconut oil
- 100ml coconut milk
- 2 bars chocolate (200g each bar)
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Tangerine essential oil
- Ginger essential oil
- Step 1 Get a bowl break up the bars of chocolate leaving some aside to coat the brownies once baked, add half the coconut oil, add a toothpick drop of the tangerine essential oil and melt in the microwave.
- Step 2 In another bowl, break the eggs, add the rest of the coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla essence. Whisk together and set aside.
- Step 3 Prepare all the dry ingredients in another bowl, mix with a spoon, add the egg mixture the cooled melted chocolate and the milk. If the mixture is too thick add more milk. You can also add more honey if you prefer your brownies to be sweeter. Add a toothpick drop of the ginger essential oil and mix once more.
- Step 4 Get a baking tray and parchment paper and place the mixture onto the tray. Lay it out evenly and bake at 160c for around 24 minutes. Check after 15 minutes as brownie may be cooked. Stick a skewer in and once it comes out clen you are baked and ready.
- Step 5 Melt the rest of the chocolate with some more coconut oil. Cut the brownie up, once it has cooled and dip each brownie into your melted chocolate.
- Step 6 With these quantities I made 35 mini brownies.