This is a weekly dish at home as it’s full of nutrients, is tasty and adding more vegetables to your meals is what we should be doing. You can serve this with anything, eat it warm or room temperature and even add extra ingredients to it to create a salad so it’s a winner really. To make this dish you will need,
- ½ a cauliflower
- 100g roasted nuts (any will do)
- 1tbsp cumin
- 1tbsp oregano
- 1tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 80g fresh herbs, (Mint, dill, sage, parsley whichever you prefer)
- Olive oil
- Step 1 Wash the fresh herbs, get your blender and blend them into small fine pieces. Remove the hard bits off the cauliflower and slice the florets, add them to your blender together with your nuts, seasoning and spices. Pulse until your ingredients look like couscous.
- Step 2 Get a pan, add some olive oil and heat it up. Once it is hot, add the cauliflower rice and toast it. Lower heat so as not to burn your ingredients, however it is important to dry fry to cook the cauli through. Once most of the moisture has been absorbed you know it’s done.
- Step 3 Serve and enjoy.
- Step 4 With half a cauli you may serve four generous portions. Keep this in the fridge and eat whenever you wish.