These vegan burgers with the right accompaniments go down a treat and are very tasty too. Junk food is never the same without a burger so here goes,
April 16, 2019
- ¼ of a cauliflower
- A handful of parsley
- 1tbsp onion powder
- 1tbsp garam masala
- 1 chia egg (1tbsp chia seeds to 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tin(400g) organic chickpeas
- Zest of a lemon
- Olive oil
- 1tbsp coconut flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Parchment paper
- Vegan burger buns
- Step 1 Wash the parsley and blend in your blender into small pieces. Add the washed cauli, discard the stem and add the florets to the blender together with the chickpeas and the liquid (known as acquafaba) as this helps the ingredients to bind plus your chia egg. Add the dried spices, seasoning, lemon zest, olive oil and coconut flakes. Pulse all the ingredients and once they are nicely crumbled make your burgers.
- Step 2 Tip, if the mixture looks crumbly and needs more liquid add more oil before making your burgers with your hands.
- Step 3 Coat the burgers with the sesame seeds, place them on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake for twenty minutes at 160C. Switch off oven and let them rest in the oven.
- Step 4 Get your buns, add lettuce, tomatoes, mustard, gherkins and your cauliflower burger and serve.
- Step 5 With these quantities I made 10 nice sized burgers.