There is something so special about this time of the year and the fantastic veg that it brings along with it. Visiting the vegetable and fruit vendors is a treat in itself and creating seasonal recipes are a must. Artichokes are one of the local produce we find in abundance at this time of the year and so I decided to make a nice plate of pasta. I used good quality gluten free pasta and it all worked so well together. To make this recipe you will need,
- 3 artichokes
- 400g fresh spinach
- 120g sun dried tomatoes
- 150g stuffed olives
- Some fresh basil
- Some fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 250g spaghetti
- Step 1 Place your artichokes in a pot with water and cook them. Once you tug at the leaf and it comes apart you know they are cooked. Strain and remove flesh off leaves once they cool.
- Step 2 Get a pan and add some water and add your washed spinach leaves and cook them, strain and set aside. One tip is to squeeze the spinach well otherwise you will end up with a lot of liquid.
- Step 3 Get your blender and add the fresh herbs and blend. Add the rest of the ingredients to your blender and pulse a couple of times so all the ingredients have mixed together.
- Step 4 Cook your spaghetti and mix everything together. Just add some more oil and serve.
- Step 5 With these quantities you can serve three healthy portions of pasta.