Creating a dish that has quite a few benefits for women facing menopause and at the same time enjoying a delicious meal either alone or in company is what it’s all about. Empowering ourselves and feeding our bodies right is so beneficial at any stage of our life however more so as we enter yet another change in our body! To make this meal you will need the following ingredients.
Salmon on a bed of noodles, with a fennel, sweet potato and apple slaw, drizzled in a fresh green Thai sauce.
- 150g salmon
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 120g noodles
- 200g broccolini
- Green Thai sauce.
- 5 spring onions
- A handful of coriander
- 1 tbs fresh ginger
- 1 small green chili pepper. (Remove the seeds)
- 1tsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- Juice of a lime
- 1tbs tamari or coconut aminos
- Fennel slaw
- 2 fennel (Small)
- ½ a sweet potato
- 1 apple
- Step 1 Get a non-stick pan, slice your lemon and add the slices to the pan. Place your piece of salmon on the lemon slices so it doesn’t stick however the skin gets a nice crisp texture. Once this happens, it shouldn’t take more than 6 mins, turn the salmon over and you can place the pan into the oven for another 8 mins so the Salmon is cooked through.
- Step 2 Whilst the salmon is in the oven ,grill your broccolini in a pan with some oil and make your green sauce, by chopping and peeling the spring onions and chili pepper. (I removed the seeds from the chili to avoid any unwelcome flushes.) Place them in a blender, together with the rest of the ingredients and blend until you have a nice green sauce. Set aside.
- Step 3 You should have enough time to make the fennel slaw too. Peel your veg and add to a processor, using the blade purposely made for this. You can also use a mandolin to slice the veg. Set aside.
- Step 4 Cook your noodles and strain. Add some sesame oil so they don’t stick and set aside.
- Step 5 Remove the salmon from the oven. Mix some noodles and fennel slaw together and add some of your green sauce. Place them on a plate and add the salmon, slices of lemon and broccolini. You have enough salmon for two healthy portions and you will have leftover fennel slaw and noodles which can be another meal.
- Step 6 Enjoy