What better way to use up leftover fresh fish then by making cakes that are divine, are great as a meal, snack or a lunchbox idea. These wonderful fish cakes were baked in the oven so healthy too plus are made with celeriac so you get some veg too. To make these delicious cakes you will need,
- 300g fresh cooked fish, I used Dentici
- 1 celeriac roasted
- A handful of fresh basil
- 80g fresh ginger
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds for coating
- Step 1 Peel and chop your celeriac, place on a baking dish with some oil and roast the vegetable for around 15 minutes at 160C and until the celeriac is cooked. Set aside.
- Step 2 The trick when making fish cakes is to use ingredients that are cold, so remove your leftover fish from the fridge just before making the cakes. Add the basil and fresh ginger to your blender and blend into small pieces.
- Step 3 Add the fish, celeriac, olive oil and the egg and pulse a couple of times until the mixture binds together. Make patties with your hands and dip them into a bowl of sesame seeds and coat them evenly. Place them on a baking tray with a little bit of oil and bake at the same temperature as above.
- Step 4 After twenty minutes remove from the oven and they are done. Serve them with some roasted vegetables or quinoa. With these quantities I made eight cakes.