Warming our way into wintery days makes us look forward to meals that leave us feeling satisfied and full of goodness and warmth. A curry always works on days like these and a veggie one surely ticks many boxes for us, it is a known fact that veggies need to be in our daily diet to keep us well and healthy. To make this curry you will need,
A veggie curry with a cauliflower rice
- 1 small broccoli
- 2 leeks
- 200g puy lentils
- 500g spinach leaves
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger grated
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 2tsp turmeric
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ½tsp cayenne pepper
- ½tsp chili flakes
- 100g organic canned chickpeas
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 500ml vegetable broth or good quality vegetable stock
- Cauliflower Rice
- I simply love cauliflower rice, to make this you will need,
- 1 cauliflower
- 150g flaked almonds
- 1tbsp onion powder or flakes
- 100g alfalfa sprouts
- Some olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Step 1 Get a small pan, add some water and boil the lentils until cooked. Set aside.
- Step 2 Get a larger pan, add some oil and add the peeled and chopped onion, leeks, the grated fresh ginger and garlic. Add the spices too, and mix everything together. Add the cans of tomatoes and stock and let the ingredients absorb the spices. Season.
- Step 3 Wash and chop the broccoli and add to the curry and cook the broccoli on a medium heat for around twenty minutes. Make sure the broccoli does not over overcook. Add the lentils, chickpeas and fresh spinach and mix everything together. The broccoli should have a nice crunch.
- Step 4 Should you not have the vegetables mentioned add sweet potato instead.
- Step 5 You can make the cauliflower rice by using a knife to cut around the core of the cauliflower and break off the florets. Add half the florets to your blender and pulse until you have lots of cauliflower that resembles couscous. Repeat with the rest.
- Step 6 Get a non- stick pan, heat some oil and add the cauliflower rice. Toss on medium to high heat for a couple of minutes and then add the flaked almonds, sprouts and seasoning and mix together for another minute or two. Keep turning the cauliflower rice every few minutes so it doesn’t burn. I cook this for twenty minutes, remove off heat and set aside.
- Step 7 Mix the curry with the cauliflower rice and serve. With these quantities you can serve between 3 to 4 portions and if you have extra curry freeze.