As I went about on my daily routine I had to stop at a few jams within the village as local enthusiasts prepared the last minute preparations for tomorrow’s procession being one week before holy week. As I watched on, one symbolic dish came to mind and that is Kusksu. I tried this dish differently today and was happy with the outcome so here goes, hope you find it as comforting as I did. You will need,
- 1pkt kusksu
- 200g broad beans
- 1 leek
- 2 cups stock
- 3tbsp coconut oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- 200g sun-dried tomatoes ( I recommend a good type from a reputable delicatessen.)
- Step 1 Place the coconut oil in your pan and heat, peel and slice your leak finely and cook the leak.
- Step 2 Add the kusksu to the pan and add the two cups of stock. (Any stock will do.) Keep mixing the kusksu until it is cooked, do this on a low heat.
- Step 3 Peel your broad beans or buy the already peeled ones and add them to the kusksu. Mix and add the sun-dried tomatoes and some of the oil. Season and add a handful of grated parmesan cheese.
- Step 4 You may also add xbejniet to this dish.
- Step 5 With these quantities I served four healthy portions.