The beginning of the week brings about lots of food plans in my kitchen and I was worried about my dog who had an eye issue and I needed to cook to distract myself so off I went to the fish shop and bought a fresh fish which happened to be a dentex or dentice as we know it. I also wanted to prepare an Easter table decoration which I will be uploading shortly so I happened to have a pineapple too and this is how the recipe came about. To make this delicious dish you will need the following,
Fresh dentice with a quinoa pineapple salad.
- 1 fresh dentice (serves 4 people)
- Half a fresh pineapple
- 200g pineapple flesh
- 200g quinoa
- 400g Portobello mushrooms
- 100g shelled pistachios
- 200g beetroots
- 180g samphire
- A handful of fresh mint
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp tamari
- 100g lentils
- Step 1 I bought the fish filleted and all I did was put some oil, rock salt and fresh mint and cooked the fish in a hot oven at 160C for around 15 minutes wrapped in parchment paper to cook and steam. Once cooked set aside.
- Step 2 To make the quinoa salad you will need to cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet, 1cup quinoa to two cups water and let it simmer until all the liquid is absorbed. Set the quinoa aside.
- Step 3 Remove the flesh off half your pineapple and set aside. Peel and quarter your beetroots, drizzle some oil and roast them until cooked. Remove them from the oven and once they are cool peel them and set aside.
- Step 4 Boil your lentils and once cooked, set aside.
- Step 5 Get a pan, add some oil and cook your washed and roughly chopped mushrooms, add the samphire and mix together on a very low heat. Add the pineapple and beetroots, turn off the heat and toss everything together. Season.
- Step 6 In a blender prepare your dressing by adding the fresh mint, shelled pistachios, olive oil (pour enough to have a nice dressing, say ½ a cup), tamari, juice of one lemon and whizz your ingredients together.
- Step 7 Mix the quinoa with the vegetables and lentils and pour your dressing over. Give it a last stir and serve. These quantities serve four