I have fallen for these veggies big time and as I had extra sprouts in my fridge I added a few more ingredients and made a wonderful pasta sauce. They may also be used as a side dish too, to make this recipe you will need,
Sautéed Brussel Sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cooking oil
- 2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 kilo Brussel sprouts
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200g green olives with pit
- 3tsp fresh pesto
- 150g sun-dried tomatoes plus some of the oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Step 1 Get a skillet pan or any flat bottomed pan and add some oil plus your peeled and chopped garlic together with the mustard seeds and sumac and brown the garlic.
- Step 2 Wash and slice your sprouts and add them to the pan with the cinnamon stick and fish sauce. Toss the sprouts on a medium heat until they cook. Add your fresh pesto, pit your olives and roughly chop them and add to the pan together with the sun-dried tomatoes and some of the oil.
- Step 3 Stir all the ingredients together, season and set aside. Remember to remove the cinnamon stick! Boil some pasta should you wish. With these quantities I served four generous portions.