Am very happy with the taste of my home made mince meat so here it is. One little tip, the longer the fruit soaks the tastier so prepare the ingredients tonight and make these yummy pies tomorrow morning. To make this recipe you will need the following ingredients,
Home made mince pies.
- 2tbsp red wine
- 300g dried cranberries
- 2tbsp coconut sugar
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp mixed spice
- 1tbsp ground cloves
- 100g dried blueberries
- 100g sultanas
- Juice of three oranges
- Zest of one orange
- 2 apples
- 1 clementine
- 1tbsp coconut blossom
- Step 1 Add your dried fruit into a bowl, peel and core the apples and chop them finely into small slices and add them to your fruit.
- Step 2 Peel and slice your clementine and add this as well. Sprinkle the coco sugar and coconut blossom too.
- Step 3 Add the spices and orange zest together with the red wine and orange juice and mix all the ingredients together. If you can leave the mixture soaking overnight do so.
Sweet short crust pastry
- 400g plain flour
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 free range eggs beaten
- 250g butter
- Baking trays
- Step 1 Mix your flour, icing sugar and butter together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix into a ball of dough. Flour it lightly if it is too sticky and don’t overwork the dough. Let it rest in clingfilm and place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Step 2 Add flour to your worktop surface, roll out and cut your circles. Grease your baking tins and add a circle of pastry to each one. Add a teaspoon of mixture to your pastry and either cover the top with a smaller circle or cut out stars and place them on top.
- Step 3 Don’t over fill your mince pies as they will become messy.
- Step 4 Place them in a hot oven and bake for around 25 minutes or until pastry is cooked and browned.
- Step 5 With the above ingredients I made over 48 mince pies as I made some mini ones too.
- Step 6 Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.