Tasty fritters that are great as a snack or a light meal or better still, serve them as your side dish to your main meal. Anyway you choose, enjoy them. To make these fritters you will need,
- 1 fresh broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g cooked chestnuts
- 100g pancetta
- 80g fresh thyme
- 2 eggs
- Coconut oil
- Step 1 Boil your chestnuts if not already cooked and set them aside to cool.
- Step 2 Heat a pan with coconut oil and peel and chop your garlic and brown them. Add the fresh thyme and chop the pancetta and add to the pan too.
- Step 3 Wash and chop up your broccoli and add to the pan and cook until cooked but not soft, best is al dente.
- Step 4 When the ingredients have cooled, add them to your food processor and add the two eggs and pulse all together.
- Step 5 Heat some coconut oil in a pan, form fritters with your hands and add each fritter to a bowl of semolina and coat them. Add them to the pan and cook on both sides until they are nicely browned. One tip, add the fritters to a hot pan and let them cook for a couple of minutes before you turn them over, in this way you do this once.
- Step 6 Place the fritters on a kitchen towel once cooked. I made around eight fritters with the above ingredients