Pour a glass of bubbly and enjoy these nibbles. Perfect bites to offer around amongst friends and they are tasty, fresh and healthy. To make these pinchos you will need,
Sweet Potato Pinchos
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 apple
- A handful of fresh spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- A few walnuts
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 50g goat’s cheese
- Step 1 Wash and slice your sweet potato lengthwise and place the slices on a baking dish and bake for around 15 minutes until cooked.
- Step 2 Let them cool, get a pastry cutter and cut circular shapes out of each slice and place them on a plate. Keep the leftover sweet potato and use them for another dish.
- Step 3 Get a bowl, chop up the fresh spinach, crumble the cheese, add some lemon juice, olive oil, sunflower seeds and mix the wholegrain mustard and olive oil together. Pour the oil over the spinach and goat cheese.
- Step 4 Squeeze the rest of the lemon juice over the sliced apples so they don’t discolour. Add a teaspoon of the spinach salad over each sweet potato, add a slice of apple and a walnut on top. I made 8 pinchos with the above quantities.