I was keen to start experimenting with ideas for stuffings as the festivities approach and I really enjoyed this particular one. I used it in a chicken breast however you can use this stuffing for any type of white meat. I asked my butcher to fillet the breast and flatten it for me as it is easier to roll. To make this recipe you will need,
Chicken roll with a sun-dried stuffing
- 3 garlic cloves
- Coconut oil
- 200g halloumi
- 100g sun – dried cherry tomatoes
- 80g pine nuts
- 70g cranberries
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 100g chestnuts (cooked)
- 1 tbsp good quality truffle oil
- 1 egg
- 1 chicken breast
- Step 1 Lay your chicken breast on a piece of parchment paper and beat it with a meat tenderizer or mallet and ensure the breast is pretty flat as you don’t want the breast too thick.
- Step 2 Get a pan and add some coconut oil and cook your garlic, chop your halloumi and add to the pan and stir. Add the pine nuts, oregano, sun-dried tomatoes and keep cooking on a low heat. Add the cranberries and cooked chestnuts, season and finally add some truffle oil. Set the stuffing aside to cool.
- Step 3 Add the stuffing to your blender and add your egg and pulse for a few seconds so all the ingredients bind.
- Step 4 Place the stuffing onto the chicken breast and roll. Wrap it in the parchment paper and place in a baking dish with some water.
- Step 5 Cook for around 20 minutes at 160C fan assisted.
- Step 6 Remove from the oven and let it cool. Slice and pour the juices from the dish over.
- Step 7 I served the chicken with roast potatoes, pan fried brussel sprouts and some lentils. I served four servings with the above ingredients.