Make a batch of these delicious biscuits and enjoy them for breakfast or as the perfect teatime treat. Great lunch box ideas too, to make these biscuits you will need,
October 29, 2017
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp ground almonds
- 6 tbsp oatmeal
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- Some icing sugar
- Some pecan nuts
- Step 1 Mash the banana with a fork in a bowl and add the nut butter and honey. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Step 2 Add the ground almonds, oatmeal, almond four and cinnamon and mix everything together until you form a dough. If mixture is still quite wet add more ground almonds as you need to roll this out and you won’t be able to work with a sticky dough.
- Step 3 Sprinkle icing sugar over your work surface and rolling pin. Knead your dough over the icing sugar and sprinkle some more icing sugar over the dough and roll out, make sure you have a nice thick base to cut out your biscuits. Use a pastry cutter and cut out 10 biscuits.
- Step 4 Line a baking dish with parchment paper and place each biscuit on the tray. Add a pecan nut on each biscuit and bake for 45 minutes at 160C.
- Step 5 Switch off the oven and open the oven door slightly for around 10 minutes.
- Step 6 Remove the biscuits and once cooled remove them off the parchment paper.
- Step 7 Enjoy.