‘We’re the new superheroes’ introduces children to ten super powers showing them that just like their favourite superheroes they too are brave and bold. In what is considered to be a revolutionary way to build self-confidence ‘We’re the new super heroes’ is a tool which will cultivate an awareness of inner strength and help our young warriors battle anything that comes their way.
We also need to feed our super heroes so I have prepared a few ideas for lunch boxes and also included ideas that involve no cooking so your ‘super heroes’ can prepare their own and join in whilst you are preparing. Food is all about bringing us together. These recipes can be made the day before and last a couple of days. To make these lunch box treats you will need
Chicken in a Jar or Chicken Wrap
- 150g Chicken breast cut thinly
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- A handful of parsley
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 150g spelt noodles
- 1 whole meal wrap
- Some fresh salad leaves
- Olive oil
- Some sunflower seeds
- Step 1 Grill the chicken breast and prepare the noodles according to instructions on the packet. Set aside.
- Step 2 Peel the carrot and remove the apple core, add them to your blender together with the parsley and the cooked chicken and pulse a couple of times. Add the oil and juice of the lime and pulse twice more.
- Step 3 Line your container with the olive oil, followed by your fresh salad leaves, noodles and the chicken mixture. Sprinkle the seeds.
- Step 4 Get a wrap, add the salad and chicken, roll and pack for your snack.
Avocado and Kidney Beans
- 1 avocado
- 90g kidney beans
- A handful of fresh mint
- 1 lime
- Some alfalfa sprouts
- Olive oil
- A few cherry tomatoes
- Some quinoa crackers
- Step 1 Open the can of beans and drain, peel the avocado and chop into small pieces.
- Step 2 Mix the beans and avocado, chop the tomatoes, add the mint, squeeze the lime and add the juice, add the oil and toss.
- Step 3 Sprinkle the alfalfa sprouts over and either add this mixture to your favorite bread rolls or eat with a few quinoa crackers.
Bananas and Nut Butter
- Half a banana
- 1 tsp smooth nut butter
- 1tsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp coconut blossom or honey
- Some tooth picks
- Step 1 Slice the banana, get a small bowl and mix the nut butter, cacao powder and honey with a teaspoon.
- Step 2 Place a bit of your chocolate nut butter on each banana and add a banana on top with a tooth pick. Enjoy.