I decided to make a soup out of the rest of the vegetables in my box from the Farmers deli so when it comes to meal planning you definitely can prepare ahead and if you are entertaining you can offer a soup as a starter and serve the Roast beets and chicken as a main, so happy to be offering you ideas with your box of fresh vegetables. To make this soup you will need,
Butternut squash soup.
- 3 leeks
- 2 butternut squash
- 200g sweet potatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- A bunch of fresh parsley and celery
- Cooking oil
- 1 apple
- Step 1 I wanted a thick soup so in case you don’t want your soup to be so thick add more stock.
- Step 2 Prepare a large pot with cooking oil and add your peeled and chopped leeks. Toss them on a medium heat until they soften slightly. Peel your butternut squash, chop, remove seeds and add it to the pan and keep stirring. Repeat the same procedure with your sweet potatoes.
- Step 3 Add the stock and let the vegetables simmer for around half an hour on a medium to high heat, keep an eye on the heat and lower should the liquid be bubbling. Add your peeled, cored and chopped apple together with the celery and parsley to the soup plus your seasoning. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Step 4 Blend the soup and serve with some fresh Parmesan cheese if you wish.
- Step 5 You can serve 8 helpings with the above quantities.