These Zucchini and sweet potato noodles are simply delicious and quick to make once you have a spiralizer. To make this recipe you will need,
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 sweet potato
- 175g cherry tomatoes
- 100g pine nuts
- 100g fresh basil
- ½ a fresh chili
- 3 garlic cloves
- 50g sun dried tomatoes
- Olive oil
- One lime
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Step 1 Prepare the vegetables by using your spiralizer. Place the zucchini and sweet potato noodles in a colander and strain the excess liquid.
- Step 2 Heat a pan with some oil and add one peeled and chopped garlic clove and half the chopped chilli and the oregano. Toss on a medium heat and add the noodles and cook for around five minutes until the noodles soften but are not over cooked. Set aside.
- Step 3 Get a griddle pan, add some oil and slice your tomatoes in half and add them to the pan and let them sizzle. Add the pine nuts and let them brown, remove the pan and set aside.
- Step 4 In your blender, add the two peeled garlic cloves, the basil and some olive oil and blend for a minute or two. Add more olive oil, the sun dried tomatoes, the zest and juice of the lime and pulse twice. You should have a nice consistency to be able to mix the noodles together, if too thick add some more oil. Add the basil dressing to your noodles, together with the cooked tomatoes. Season and serve.
- Step 5 With the above quantities I served four generous portions.