Mushrooms not only taste good, they are also very good for us. All types of edible mushrooms contain protein and fibre. They contain B vitamins as well as a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which helps support the immune system and prevent damage to cells and tissues. This is a great side dish or an extra dish when serving vegetarians and you need an extra dish. To make this dish you will need,
- 12 nice sized mushrooms,
- 80g fresh oregano (1tsp dried is fine)
- 1tsp ghee butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- ½ a fresh chili
- Oil for cooking
- Step 1 Peel your garlic and chop, add them to a pan with some oil on a medium heat and cook. Remove the seeds from the chili, chop and add to the pan.
- Step 2 Wash the mushrooms and chop into two or three pieces, not smaller as you want a nice bite in your mushroom. Add to the pan and sprinkle the oregano over the mushrooms, cook for a couple of minutes.
- Step 3 Lower the heat, add the ghee butter and mix, season and turn off the heat. Add the truffle oil and toss the mushrooms and serve. Some crunchy bread would be great to dip into the sauce.
- Step 4 With these quantities you will get three to four servings as a side dish.
- Step 5 I used this recipe as part of a vegetarian buffet and it was a great option to add.