Small is always cute and these baby eggplants are wonderful to taste. I grilled them and used the eggplants in a lentil pasta which turned out to be pretty delicious. You can also use a large aubergine if you don’t find smaller ones.
Mini eggplant with a lentil pasta.
- 200g eggplant
- 250g red lentil flour pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp coconut blossom syrup
- Step 1 Boil the pasta as per instructions and strain and let cool. As it was pasta made with red lentil flour and I wanted the dish cold I ran cold water over the pasta until it was cool.
- Step 2 Wash the eggplants and slice down the middle. Heat a griddle pan and add some oil, peel and slice the garlic and cook, add the eggplants for a couple of minutes face down and then turn over. Wash and slice the cherry tomatoes and add them to the eggplants, season the dish and remove from the heat.
- Step 3 Prepare your pasta dressing by adding the tahini to a bowl and whisk in the olive oil, lemon juice and coconut blossom syrup. Add more olive oil if you prefer a lighter consistency.
- Step 4 Mix the pasta and the ingredients together and pour your dressing over, mix once more, add the fresh basil and serve. You may serve two generous portions with these ingredients or serve smaller portions as an appetiser.