Another one of my recipes that was featured in the Served magazine. A small misprint in the text on the picture as these are patties.
- 1 tsp harissa spices
- 1 tbsp sushi ginger
- A handful of basil
- 200g red Quinoa
- A sprinkle of Himalayan salt
- 1 egg
- 170g goat’s cheese , crumbled
- Quinoa flour
- 1 broccoli
- Coconut oil
- 1 Chicory
- Step 1 Wash and chop your broccoli, prepare a baking tray with some coconut oil and bake the broccoli for around fifteen minutes in a fan assisted oven on 160C. Remove and set aside.
- Step 2 Prepare your quinoa according to the instructions on the packet. Usually it is one cup quinoa to two cups water. For this recipe you only need 100g.
- Step 3 Get your blender and add the basil and harissa spices, blend until your basil is in tiny pieces. Add the sushi ginger, crumbled goat’s cheese, broccoli and your cracked egg. Pulse for a minute to break down the goat’s cheese. Add the salt and pulse once more. Make the patties with your hands.
- Step 4 Prepare your quinoa flour in a bowl, heat a pan with coconut oil and add your patties, cook on both sides for a couple of minutes and place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil, although there won’t be much with coconut oil and you are only sealing the patties on both sides.
- Step 5 Get your chicory, chop off the bottom and wash the leaves. Before serving, place some leaves on your plate, add some of your extra quinoa and some of your crumbled goat’s cheese. Add your warm broccoli pattie, drizzle some oil and balsamic vinegar and serve.
- Step 6 With these ingredients I made 12 patties.