Chocolate is simply yummy and there is nothing more comforting and exciting than biting into a delicious brownie, covered in melted chocolate which is optional but looks and tastes divine. To make these brownies you will need,
delicious chocolate brownies
- 500g good quality dark chocolate
- 1 packet unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 100g coco sugar
- 100g raw cacao
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Step 1 Heat your oven, fan assisted to 160C. Line a 30cm baking dish with grease proof paper and set aside.
- Step 2 Get a glass bowl and break around 400g of the dark chocolate. (I used the other 100g to melt and pour over the brownies, before serving.) Chop up the unsalted butter and add the butter to the chocolate and melt the ingredients over a pot of hot water, the bain-marie way.
- Step 3 Break the three eggs into a bowl and add them to your mixer and whisk until they are thick and creamy. Add your sugar and whisk again for a minute. Fold in your melted chocolate, butter and flour together with the cacao and baking powder.
- Step 4 Pour the mixture into your baking dish and spread the mixture across the dish to fill the corners, with a spatula and bake your brownie for around twenty- five minutes. Brownie should be soft to the touch. Remove and set aside.
- Step 5 Place your brownie on a cooling wrack and remove the baking paper. This time I chopped up the brownie into eight squares to serve as a desert at a seated table, however you can chop them up into smaller squares and pass around at drinks or an event. They can be kept in a container and stored if you have left overs. Not usually the case though as they are always devoured.