We just need a treat to get through our cravings throughout the day. These bars are great to take to work or to the beach or just to have around at home to snack on. To make these bars you will need,
- 400g medjool dates, pitted
- 100g cranberries
- 200g roast hazelnuts
- 200g organic oats
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 80g coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- Step 1 Get your blender and add your pitted dates, together with the roast hazelnuts and blend until you get a ball of mixture. This is perfect as the dates are chopped but you still have pieces of nuts.
- Step 2 Add the cranberries, oats, peanut butter, raw cacao, and coconut oil and pulse a few times to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Step 3 Turn the mixture into a lined greased flat baking dish around 30 cm in length.( I used parchment paper.) Use your hands to firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the coconut flakes over your ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight if possible.
- Step 4 Tip the dish onto a board and chop up the bars into squares and pack into a container. Best is to keep them in the fridge over the summer months.