Whoever performs a regular body cleanse and detox simply performs a process of clearing ones body of toxins. Towards the end of the month I will be trying out a detox under the guidance of nutritionist Laura Peischl BA, INHC and am very curious to see the outcome. Laura was kind enough to share one of her recipes and provide us with a photo for Honey and Zest. I made this detox dish and it was delicious.
sauteed swiss chard and chickpeas
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3-4 thin lemon slices, seeded with peel left on
- 350 g (14 oz) 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 head Swiss chard, washed and chopped
- Step 1 Heat a large skillet pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Next, add your garlic and lemon slices, and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Step 2 Add the chickpeas, salt and smoked paprika, and cook until lightly browned, for around 3-5 minutes.
- Step 3 Add the chopped chard, stir, cover and cook until fully wilted, do this for another 3 minutes more.
- Step 4 Toss to combine, and serve immediately.
- Step 5 Serves 2