I have to say this dish turned out to be pretty delicious and there were no leftovers am glad to say. To make this dish you will need,
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 eggplants medium size
- 400g fresh tomatoes
- 400g organic fresh tomato sauce
- 170g pesto
- 200g lentils
- 120g halloumi cheese
- Sunflower oil
- Himalayan salt
- Step 1 Wash the two eggplants and slice them. Place them on a greased baking dish, sprinkle some oil over them and some Himalayan salt and bake in the oven at 160C until cooked, this should take around twenty five minutes.
- Step 2 Fill a pan with water and cook your lentils, this should take around forty minutes of constant boiling on a medium to high heat.
- Step 3 Peel your garlic and crush them, add them to a lightly oiled pan and cook. Add your fresh tomatoes and stir constantly until they are soft. Add your can of tomatoes and some seasoning. Add the jar of pesto and mix the sauce on a low heat.
- Step 4 Slice your halloumi cheese thinly and set aside, strain your cooked lentils and add them to your sauce. Mix the sauce and turn off the heat. Get a baking dish, grease it and add a layer of your cooked egg plant, I used one eggplant for the first layer. Add half the sauce and repeat another layer of eggplant and sauce. Add your halloumi cheese and seasoning at the top of the moussaka and bake in the oven at 165C fan assisted for around half an hour and your cheese has a nice golden colour. Serve, this dish serves three to four people as a main dish.