I feel that orange and chocolate are simply divine when mixed together so I used them as ingredients in my Easter cupcakes. I made ten cupcakes with the ingredients below. To make these cupcakes you will need,
Orange and Chocolate Cupcakes
- 200g unsalted butter
- 100g coconut sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- 180g gluten free self -raising flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 100g pure ground almonds
- Zest of one orange
- 80g dark chocolate
- Some mini eggs for decoration
- Some chocolate cream as a topping
- 10 cupcake cases
- A baking tray
- Step 1 Heat your oven to 160C fan assisted. Get your mixer and beat your butter and sugar until you have a creamy mixture. Break your eggs into a bowl, beat them with a fork and add them to your mixture, carry on beating the ingredients together on a moderate speed. As this is happening, melt your chocolate in a bowl, bain-marie style and set aside.
- Step 2 Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture and beat on a low speed, add the ground almonds and the orange zest and keep mixing. Add your melted chocolate and mix again to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Step 3 Place your paper cases on a tray and fill each case with the cake mixture. Fill each paper case around ¾ full so they can rise and not spill over. Bake for twenty five minutes, or until cakes are cooked and set aside to cool.
- Step 4 I had some chocolate topping available from a hamper so I used this over the cakes and added the eggs.