Kapunata is part of our summer life and warmer days. You can eat it warm or cold, with fish or on bread or alone. It is simply delicious and a great dish to have in the fridge. To make this dish you will need,
- 1 large aubergine
- Sunflower oil for cooking
- 1 yellow courgette
- 3 coloured peppers
- 1 jar sundried tomato pesto
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Some fresh mint
- Step 1 Wash and chop up your peppers, place on a baking dish and roast for around twenty minutes at 170C fan assisted. Once peppers blister and turn a darker colour they are cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Step 2 Wash and chop your aubergine, add some oil to your pan and add the aubergines, stir on a low heat for around ten minutes and then add your washed and chopped yellow courgette and carry on stirring. Add the ground cumin and once the veg is tender but cooked, add the jar of sundried pesto and seasoning. Keep stirring for another five minutes and remove off the heat.
- Step 3 Add your peppers to your pan and stir the vegetables and sauce together. Sprinkle some fresh mint and enjoy your kapunata.