A quiche always goes down well at a buffet lunch and if you are lucky enough to have leftovers, pack it away and take the leftovers out with you on Easter Monday for a picnic by the beach. I wanted to make a purple quiche packed with goodness. To make this quiche you will need,
- 1 onion
- A handful of fresh mint
- 6 free range eggs
- 1 pkt organic feta cheese
- 2 cooked beetroots
- A bunch of purple Kale
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 275g short crust pastry
- Sunflower oil
- Some arugula
- 150g grated Parmesan cheese
- Step 1 Roll out your pastry and place it into a greased quiche dish and set aside.
- Step 2 Peel your onion and slice, get your pan, add a bit of oil and cook your onion.
- Step 3 In your blender, blend the parsley, grated cheese and eggs together. Add the cooked onion and pulse for a minute or two.
- Step 4 Slice your beetroots and add them to your dish with the short crust pastry. Wash your kale and place in the quiche dish too. Pour the egg mixture over your beets and kale and add the arugula. Prick your quiche and base with a knife so it does not puff up unevenly.
- Step 5 Bake in a 160C fan assisted oven for around twenty five minutes.
- Step 6 This quiche serves 8 nice sizes slices.