Am always trying to come up with new salad ideas to make our meals more interesting and healthy. This salad can be a snack, a side dish or a main. To make this salad you will need,
Halloumi Salad with Fennel
- 200g halloumi
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2 fennel
- 170g puy lentils
- For the dressing you will need:
- 1 tsp marmalade
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A dash of balsamic vinegar
- Step 1 Get a pot and cook your lentils in water, I usually let them simmer for around forty minutes. Once cooked, strain and set aside.
- Step 2 Wash your fennel, slice and place on a baking dish and sprinkle some olive oil over the fennel and bake for around 15 minutes on 170C for around 12 minutes.
- Step 3 Get a griddle pan and add the coconut oil and melt the oil on a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle gently for around five minutes, slice your halloumi and place in the pan and cook the cheese on both sides. Get a bowl and add the cheese and cumin seeds, together with the fennel and lentils and mix. To make your dressing, pour the ingredients into a small bowl and mix, pour over the salad and mix everything together. Serve