Have been keen on trying out spring rolls for a while, I bought a packet of rice paper and followed the instructions on the packet and was very happy with the results. Next time round I will be more confident in rolling them. Taste is yummy though, to make these spring rolls you will need,
Fresh spring rolls
- 6 sheets of rice paper
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1 beetroot cooked
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 1 tin anchovies in olive oil
- A handful of mixed salad
- ¼ tsp of wasabi
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Soy sauce to dip or pour over the spring rolls
- Step 1 Get a mixing bowl and chop up your hardboiled eggs, cooked beetroot and fresh basil leaves together with your chopped anchovies and toss the ingredients together.
- Step 2 Get a small jar and add your wasabi, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, put the lid on and give this dressing a great shake. Pour over your filling for the spring rolls.
- Step 3 Get the six sheets of rice paper and follow the instructions on the packet. I soaked each one in cold water, until they softened, I then placed a rice paper on a plate and put a tablespoon and a half of the mixture in the centre and then rolled the paper and tucked the sides under the roll. I added some soy sauce on the side but this is optional. Serve and enjoy.