I came across a silicone tray of spoon shapes in a shop and was intrigued by them. As I was getting ready for the Easter lunch menu I thought these would be great as pretty and easy deserts, or served with coffee. These spoons are so clever and you can use any type of chocolate and top them with anything you like. To make these you will need,
- Two silicone spoon shape trays
- 150g dark chocolate
- coconut oil
- A bunch of red berries
- Some fresh cream
- Step 1 Get a bowl and break the chocolate into it. Add some coconut oil to the chocolate and melt over a bowl of hot water, bain- marie style.
- Step 2 Pour the chocolate into a jug and pour into the silicone trays. I placed the silicone tray on a baking tray to keep the tray from moving.
- Step 3 Place the chocolate spoons into the freezer, I left them overnight and turned them out the following morning. I left them on a plate in the fridge until I needed to decorate them.
- Step 4 I beat up some fresh cream as I was making another desert using fresh cream and placed them on the spoon with a piping bag and I washed some red currants and placed them on the spoon. Keep in the fridge until needed.