Bulgur wheat is a whole wheat grain, high in fiber and low in calories so ideal as a healthy salad or a side dish. To make this salad you will need,
Bulgur Wheat Salad
- 200g bulgur wheat
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- ½ a courgette
- 100g sunflower seeds
- olive oil
- For the dressing you will need:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- A handful of mint
- 100g plain yoghurt
- Step 1 Prepare the bulgur wheat according to the instructions on the packet, usually it is one cup wheat to two cups water, boil and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Strain and set aside to cool.
- Step 2 Get a roasting dish and put some oil, wash and slice your cherry tomatoes and add them to the dish, wash and slice your half courgette and add it to the tomatoes. Bake for around fifteen minutes in a fan assisted oven at 160C.
- Step 3 Mix the bulgur wheat with the tomatoes and courgettes and add the sunflower seeds. Prepare the dressing by blending the mint, oil, apple cider vinegar and yoghurt in your blender and pour over the bulgur wheat salad, toss and serve. This serves eight portions