After many dull winter days, there is nothing better than introducing some colour into our food. Baked stuffed peppers with jasmine rice are full of nutrients and taste good too!
- 3 colored peppers
- 1 packet Jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar anchovies
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
- A handful of fresh spinach
- Some roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 broccoli
- Homemade salad dressing (1 teaspoon tahini, a piece of ginger finely chopped, olive oil and a dash of agave)
- Step 1 Wash the peppers and cut in half, clean out the seeds and extra bits. Place them on a baking tray, add a dash of oil and bake them until soft.
- Step 2 Boil your rice in a pan of hot water and add the turmeric for colour.
- Step 3 Wash and chop your broccoli and roast them until crunchy.
- Step 4 In your blender, add finely chopped coriander, anchovies, fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes, salad dressing, flax seed oil and pulse for a couple of seconds.
- Step 5 When rice is cooked, strain and let cool. Add the mixture to the rice and mix well. Chop the roasted broccoli into smaller pieces and add to rice.
- Step 6 Fill the peppers with the rice mixture and enjoy.