This is my mum’s stuffed artichoke recipe. They are delicious and I recommend a fresh loaf of bread to dip into these.
- 4 artichokes
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- A handful of mint and fresh parsley
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 jar of anchovies
- 8 green olives pitted
- A handful of capers
- Step 1 Rinse the artichokes well, tugging leaves outward to loosen slightly for stuffing. Trim off stems so artichokes sit on a flat surface. Set aside.
- Step 2 Prepare your fresh bread crumbs, remove the oil from the can of tuna and the anchovies and set aside.
- Step 3 Blend your mint and parsley until fine, add the tuna, anchovies, olives, capers and seasoning and pulse slightly as you don’t want your mixture to be too soft.
- Step 4 Open up the artichoke leaves slightly and place a small amount of your mixture between the leaves. When done place the artichokes in a deep dish and add water (approx. a quarter of the dish).
- Step 5 Cover your dish and cook for around an hour in a gas oven on a medium flame. To know if your artichokes are cooked, the leaves should come off easily. Before serving add a dash of olive oil on each one.