I can’t get enough of mushrooms, I love their taste and they are high in antioxidants. I was walking my beagle Jack and plotting a recipe. I mixed this combination of ingredients and loved the taste. To make this pasta salad you will need:
Spelt Pasta Salad
- 250g spelt pasta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 12 mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 280g sundried tomatoes
- A pinch of chili flakes
- 1 tsp oil from your jar of sundried tomatoes
- 70g raw pistachios
- 100g fresh ricotta
- A handful of fresh spinach leaves
- Some black pepper
- A sprinkle of grated pecorino cheese
- Step 1 Boil a pot of water to cook your pasta. Follow instructions on the packet and set aside.
- Step 2 In a pan, heat your oil and add your crushed garlic and cook. Wash your mushrooms and slice and add to the pan and toss, sprinkle the chili flakes over the mushrooms and add your sun-dried tomatoes which should be chopped. Pour the teaspoon of oil from the jar onto the ingredients in your pan and keep stirring on a low heat as your mushrooms should be al dente.
- Step 3 Add the pistachios and spinach leaves, to the ingredients and switch off the heat. Add the ricotta, mix all the ingredients one last time and add the pasta. Toss everything together, add your pepper and cheese and serve. This dish ideally serves four portions.