A good friend comes to mind whenever I bake these pies as she loves them. These ricotta pies are great to serve as appetisers at a drinks party or simply just to have as a snack or a light meal. I made around 26 small pies as you always need to taste a couple!
- 2 baking trays
- 250g fresh ricotta
- A generous handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 packet feta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 150g grated parmesan cheese
- A sprinkle of Himalayan salt as seasoning
- 250g short crust pastry
- Cooking spray to grease your baking trays
- Step 1 Start off by preparing your ingredients. Blend the mint finely, then add the ricotta, feta cheese and mix until you have a soft, smooth mixture. Add your eggs and cheese and seasoning and carry on mixing.
- Step 2 Roll out your pastry on a floured surface and use a pastry cutter to cut out circular cases from the pastry. Place the pastry cases into your greased baking trays.
- Step 3 Fill the pastry cases with a generous teaspoon of filling. Before placing in the oven to bake, pierce each pie with a knife to avoid the pies puffing up in the oven.
- Step 4 Bake them for around 20 minutes in a fan-assisted oven at 160C. Check that the ricotta is firm and pastry is cooked through, they should have a nice light brown colour.