Yellow split peas are full of beneficial vitamins and a great idea to incorporate them into your diet is by making these patties. With the quantities I mentioned below, I made 8 patties and I used the rest of the mixture as a dip.
- 1 packet yellow split peas
- 1 clove garlic
- Zest of one lime
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 a packet goats cheese
- 1 tsp flax seed oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Whole meal flour for cooking the patties
- Step 1 Boil and cook the yellow beans for just over an hour. Rinse and drain them.
- Step 2 In your blender, blend the basil and garlic. Then add the goat’s cheese, cumin oil and beans. Add the lemon zest and blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Step 3 Heat a pan with sunflower oil and make small patties with your hands and dip into the whole meal flour. Cook on both sides and place on paper towel to remove any excess oil. I served these with a salad and I also popped a few into a salad.