Wake up to a kitchen smelling of sweetness, as your oats and nuts are roasting, brew a cup of warmth and make this granola to start off your day. This recipe will supply you with a lovely mixture of granola which can be served alone or with forest fruits and yoghurt. With these quantities you should have enough to last a week.
- 200g jumbo oats
- 200g mixed nuts
- 100g dried blueberries
- 100g pistachios
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp bee pollen (boosts the immune system)
- Zest of one Orange
- Zest of one Lime
- Step 1 Get a baking dish and roast the oats and nuts for around 10 minutes in your oven at 160c fan assisted. Once they are roasted set them aside to cool. Lately I started to crush the nuts in a bag as I prefer them in smaller pieces.
- Step 2 Melt your coconut oil and peanut butter in a pot over a low heat.
- Step 3 Grate your orange and lime and add the peel to a bowl. Add the roasted oats and nuts, add your melted coconut oil and peanut butter, the dried blueberries and pistachios, your bee pollen and mix all together.