I had a few friends over for dinner and felt like a curry that was fresh with flavors. Sitting around a table and chatting over bowls of curry is a great way to spend a fun evening.
King Prawn Curry
- 2 leeks
- 1 tbsp. Garam Masala
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 1 piece fresh Turmeric
- A bunch of fresh Coriander
- A dash of soy sauce
- 1 carton of plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. of tomato chili jam
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. Chinese 5 Spice
- A dash of sesame oil
- 25 King prawns (ask your fishmonger to peel them and leave the tail on)
- 500g rice
- Step 1 Peel and chop your leeks lengthways and add them to your pan with sesame oil. Cook the leaks until soft.
- Step 2 Add all the ingredients to your blender except for the prawns. Blend the ingredients until the sauce is a nice dark brown colour.
- Step 3 Add the sauce to your pan on a very low heat. If you see that the sauce is too thick, add some stock or even some water. Let all the flavours mix together in the pan.
- Step 4 Using a grill pan, grill the prawns on both sides. Then add them to the sauce and keep warm.
- Step 5 Boil some jasmine rice and make a few poppadoms and enjoy your curry. This dish serves approx. 8 to 10 portions.