A healthy vegetarian curry on a cold winters night is a great hit.
- 1 medium sized butternut pumpkin
- 1 packet mange tout
- 1 fennel
- 5 spring onions peeled
- 100g Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 fresh turmeric
- 1 tbsp. korma spices
- 1 tsp. cardamon
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp. crushed chilis
- 1 whole lemon grass peeled
- 1 tsp. nigella seeds
- Step 1 Peel and chop your butternut and place in a roasting dish and roast in the oven.
- Step 2 Peel and slice your fennel and roast separately.
- Step 3 Parboil your mange tout and set aside.
- Step 4 Add the sesame oil to your pan and cook the chopped spring onions on a low heat.
- Step 5 In the meantime place your cashew nuts, fish sauce, peeled garlic clove, fresh peeled ginger, turmeric, korma spices, cardamon, lemon grass and nigella seeds into your blender and pulse until your mixture is smooth. Add this to your spring onions.
- Step 6 Add the coconut milk and stir and simmer for a while.
- Step 7 Add your stock and let the sauce simmer.
- Step 8 Add the mange tout and when the other veg are roasted add too.
- Step 9 Mix all ingredients together on a very low heat until the veg is soaked into the sauce and then let rest. Serve with rice or noodles. This dish serves approx. 8 to 10 portions.