We all need a little bit of comforting once in a while and nothing beats some warm patties to feed your soul. This recipe makes around 10 patties.
Spinach & Bean Patties
- 1 onion peeled
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 200g fresh spinach
- 1tbsp Tahini
- 1 Can organic chickpeas
- 1 Can organic kidney beans
- 1 egg
- A handful of mint
- Salt and pepper
- Spelt flour to coat the patties before cooking
- Step 1 Place the mint, onion and garlic in your blender and blitz them.
- Step 2 Add your spinach, beans, spices and tahini and pulse.
- Step 3 Add your egg and seasoning and pulse once more so that you have a paste that is easy for you to work with. I prefer to pulse then blend as you will end up with a puree that is not ideal for a patty and may be difficult to bind and cook.
- Step 4 Heat a griddle pan with some sunflower oil, make your patties with your hands and coat them in spelt flour and pop in your hot pan. Cook on both sides and until firm and crunchy.